Good People Brewing Company
The Good People Brewing Company is one of Birmingham, Alabama’s cultural attractions. Birmingham is known as a bustling cultural and heritage hub, as well as for its beautiful golf courses, year-round calendar of entertainment, and world-class dining.
About the Company
Michael Sellers and Jason Malone founded the company in 2006. It is Alabama’s oldest and largest brewery, as well as a pioneer in the South’s craft beer movement.
Good People Brewing Company has five year-round brews, four seasonal brews, and other items available. They are the Southeast’s first craft brewery to can their beers. The Avondale brewery is a subsidiary of the company.
Serious craft-beer geeks, families, baseball fans loosening up before a Barons game across the street at Regions Park, and out-of-towners are among those who frequent the brewery.
Some of the notable features of the company include;
– Brewhouse: The brewery has a 30-bbl brewhouse and 19 tanks ranging in size from 20 to 120 barrels. It also has two canning lines that work simultaneously.
– Craft beer: The Bearded Lady American Wheat Ale, Brown Ale, Mumbai Rye, Snake Handler Coffee, Oatmeal Flavored Stout, Hitchhiker, and India Pale Ale are among the brews available from the company.
– Taproom: In 2011, the company’s taproom opened. It is the location where customers can purchase beer. They do not provide food, but visitors are welcome to bring their own.
– A quality control and yeast development lab.
– The brewery’s gift shop, which sells glassware, hats, T-shirts, giftcards, and other merchandise.
In addition, the brewery offers guided tours and hosts events such as fundraisers, films, and local market beer events. Live music is available during certain times of the week while you drink and dine. It should be noted that anyone under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
The Good People Brewing Company is the ideal place to catch up and spend some much-needed time with your loved ones while enjoying good food, great beer, and fun tour options.
The address of the company is 114 14th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233, United States. The taproom is open from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Thursday through Saturday, and 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sundays. Tour times are at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm on Saturdays.
See the next in this series: Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame
See the previous in this series: TrimTab Brewing Company